Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Good intentions and all that

   Well, as you can see my intention of posting Sunday never materialized. "Love of my life" decided to take me antiquing that day. I know, I know, reading is my favorite past time but antiquing or really shopping of any kind is pretty high on the list of things I love to do also. A day of travel and shopping delayed my post and has me thinking that I probably shouldn't name days and should just post when I can. I am also looking in to linking with a Facebook page that I can comment on and share when I have done a review or even just a post.  So that is what I am going to try to do. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back from my mini cation. Still new here and on a continuous learning curve.
   As for the new Heather Graham book, well it took me a little longer to read. The Cursed is the first book in a new trilogy which is also part of a larger series called The Krewe Of Hunters. A mystery set in Key West with treasure, murder, ghosts, and a brewing romance. Graham has a way of drawing a reader in and the historical aspects of the back stories for the mysteries are really great. They seem like real life ghost stories based on facts. When you read this book with it's back story for Hagen and Melody, the resident ghosts, you will see what I mean. As for Dallas and Hannah, our leads in the story, their relationship develops with plenty of passion in the middle of the mystery. Their connection rapidly becoming a deep one and carrying the readers along in the story. I personally really love Heather Graham's books. I loved the mystery and suspense with a side of passion and a dash of horror that are found frequently in many of her books.  Although her newest installment is not among my all time favorites from her it is still a great read. I can also say that I really enjoyed it and would recomend it to anyone.
 


PS Stayed tuned for some suprises next week. Here's to happy reading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment