Friday, October 3, 2014

Review: Indecent Proposal by Molly O'Keefe

I have to start this post by telling you how sad I am. I'm sad because a fabulous book I was reading has come to an end. I finished reading Indecent Proposal earlier this week and I find myself affraid to pick up another book. The fear is that I will most certainly be disappointed. I absolutely loved this book. It ranks in the top 20 of my favorites. This may seem like a big list but I having been reading everyday since I was a child. That is a lot of books considering I am well past 30. My hope is that it helps to convey how I truly feel about this book.
The author took two much used themes, a one night stand and an accidental pregnancy, and turned them into something extraordinary. Harrison and Ryan are not your typical "opposites attract" couple. They have ups and downs and outside forces trying to derail them from their journey to a HEA. She is strong and alone. Harrison, although surrounded by people is a little lonely too. The sparks between this couple and the passion they share is as hot as molten lava. The story itself was full of a wide range of emotions that felt real. I love when a book can pull a reader in and make them really feel the story and characters. I also love when the author is able to creat something so wonderful out of what I would consider to be a common plot. It is an extremely hard thing to do. Bravo Ms. O'Keefe.  All in all, it was a wonderful read and I will be looking forward to more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment