Monday, October 13, 2014

Review of Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt

The big day is finally here. Tomorrow is release day for Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt. It's her latest in the Maiden Lane series and one that I personally have been waiting impatiently for. It was definitely well worth the wait. I love, love, love this book. Until this came along, The Duke Of Midnight, the previous book in the series was my favorite. This may now be my new favorite in the M.L. series. I will always love Wakefield but Apollo, well Apollo could be my beast any day. This book was yummy. I gave it 4 1/2 stars but I am not big on giving away a story so I will limit what I say. First off I found myself unsure about the series and where it stands. Where could the series go next? The mysteries of the Harlequin have been solved, the orphanage settled. The previous book did leave us, dear readers, with a case of anxiety in regards to Artemis' brother.What would happen next? Would he recover from his stay in Bedlam? Could Apollo live a normal life and find his HEA? Where would the characters of Maiden Lane take us next? I really love a good mystery and Hoyt is wonderful at weaving them into passionate love stories and this is a fine example of her craft. I think you will enjoy unraveling Apollo's story. I now find myself waiting (as patiently as possible) for the May 2015 release of Dearest Rogue. I can't wait to see what Captain Trevillion gets up to. Not to mention the new Duke, is he good or bad? We will have to wait and see what surprises Ms. Hoyt and her characters have for us. So here's to happy reading . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment