Sunday, August 24, 2014

ARC Review of Mary Jo Putney's Not Quite A Wife

I would rate this bokk at about 3 3/4 stars. I love MJP's Lost Lord series. Unfortunately this particular title was not the best. I would give a recommendation for this book but with a caution that the heroine is a little inconsistent. The particular plot involving the wife leaving early in marriage with a reconciliation attempt bringing the characters back together is a popular one. My issue was with the exact reason she left and how easily that objection was overcome. If Lord Kirkland's action were abhorrent enough for a besotted Laurel to leave, how was it possible for her to overcome them and crawl into to bed with said man? Personally, if a wife left over murder, I couldn't see her coming back so easily. The rest of the book was wonderful. Thumbs up to MJP though for her skill at weaving a tale. I'll be waiting for Daniel's story next. Here's to happy reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment