Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review of The Wickedest Lord Alive by Christina Brooke

Followers of Christina Brooke's writing have been anticipating Lord Steyne's story and we have all been interested in what kind of man he would turn out to be. The vice alone would account him as a wicked man but in previous books he is shown to care for his family. This book answered the questions about the man and Lord, along with providing a few surprises. We have a wicked rogue, a secret bride and a mother who is not the loving ideal. Not to mention an uncle who would love to remove his nephew from the world. It was really a great book but unfortunately I was a bit lost when the Marquis was shown a letter after dinner and then suddenly he was on a roof readying to fight a killer. I may have missed something crucial but it felt like a portion of the book was cut. I also may be mistaken but it sometimes happens and it's not always the writers choice. I loved the whole book but the that particular part threw off the rhythm of the story. I would give this book 4 1/2 stars if not for that issue and as it is I felt that I could only give it 3 1/2 stars and be honest. I truly love Christina Brooke's writing and all her previous books were splendid. I will definitely be looking for more from this author. Here's to happy reading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment