Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review of The Accidental Duchess by Madeline Hunter

So I went through my Tbr and pulled this book. It came out earlier this year and I absolutely try to read everything by this author. So I found time give it a go and review. I have been reading Madeline Hunters books for a while now and have been curious to see where she would take Lydia and the Duke of Penthurst. The final book of the Fairbourne quartet was a bit of a surprise. Not my favorite of the series but an excellent ending to the series. It contains blackmail, a woman of independence (or stubbornness), an autocratic Duke, and a love/ hate relationship. Oh, and lets not forget the steamy scenes. This  story has a perfect amount of passion. It held my interest from beginning to end and although there are times that the lead female drove me bonkers with her missteps, I totally get why she did what she did. There where some twists and turns for the characters but the story works itself out and we find the answers to the mystery of Lakewood. Those who have been following the quartet have been teased with his deeds or misdeeds and no clear answers. Well, we get them and in a full accounting. Our dear Lydia also learns a different kind of excitement other than gambling while Penthurst becomes a little more human and learns that not even Dukes can always have their own way. I would recommend as it was a wonderful read. I gave this story 3 3/4 stars. So here's to happy reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment