Thursday, July 31, 2014

ARC Review of The Game and the Governess by Kate Noble

The Game and the Governess was unfortunately not my favorite book. The story began on really strong footing. The plot was awesome and Noble did an excellent job of delivering what appeared to be a great story until the final portion of the book. There was a part where the real Mr. Turner gets shot while posing as someone else, that is the part that marked the turn from great to not great. I found it a little puzzling how the story could have lost me so quickly and yet so far in. I have read most of Kate Noble's previous books and not experienced anything like that before. I will say that I did find the metamorphosis the hero undergoes a thing of beauty up until that point but then bam, he seemed to revert.  I will also sadly say that although Noble did a fantastic job with most of the book, I just couldn't get on board with the final bit and I probably would not recommend this book. I will however keep watching for her future work as I have enjoyed her previous stuff immensely.
I need to add that someone else may absolutely love this book while I didn't so here's to happy reading...



No comments:

Post a Comment