Friday, July 18, 2014

Review of Dark Paradise by Angie Sandro

I will keep this short and sweet. I gave this book 4 stars and would recommend it to anyone.  I will be honest and tell you that I had a little trouble getting in to the story in the beginning. About a quarter of the way through the book I became hooked. Ms Sandro has an absolutely fantastic story here. It moved along and wasn't totally predictable which is great. I think it will appeal to fans of the Sookie Stackhouse or Chicagoland vampire series. That is not a generalization of the story because the setting is in the bayou or because it contains supernatural ingredients with a mystery. Something in the writing reminded me a bit of the books from those two series but in a totally original way. Malaise LaCroix is an interesting character who eventually held my attention until the end of the book. Her dilemma with George (or Georgie)and Landry add a dynamic to the story that honestly kept me guessing. I can appreciate the fact that she just wanted to be normal and have a life. Seeing dead people is kind of a dis-qualifier for living a normal life. I am excited to read her next book that comes out next month. I should also say that I myself wouldn't technically classify this as a romance although it did contain a few of the elements for fans of that genre. It made a great change up from my usual reads and I hope you give it a chance. Here's to happy reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment